ABS Policies in Canada
Public Policy Objectives
The overarching policy goals of ABS should be to support sustainable economic development and sound environmental stewardship. Thus, the development of ABS policies in Canada will necessarily intersect with a number of existing policies and programmes with similar and complementary objectives. This section describes those intersections.
- Foreword - Investing in Natural Capital: Sustaining Biodiversity in the "Bio-based Economy"
- The Key Challenge of ABS: Fostering a Common Approach
- Public Policy Objectives
- 1 ) Promoting the Conservation and Sustainable Use of Canada's Biodiversity
- 2) Improve Canada's Economic Competitiveness in the Bio-based Economy
- 3) Support Ethical Scientific Research and Development
- 4) Foster Regional and Aboriginal Development
- 5) Support Canada's Foreign Policy Objectives
- 6) Contribute to the Improvement of the Health of Canadians
- Policy Questions in Implementing ABS
- Principles and Features of Canadian ABS Policies
- Date Modified: